Wednesday, August 24, 2005

My Effin D

This article could also be called My Stupid Mouth, since it was from my mouth after all, that I heard myself habitually pointing out to Unitedstatesans the horrible history they have made. And that they are making. And it has only struck me now...now that my US History Teacher FLUNKED ME with a capital D. All of a sudden I'm self-conscious of how I really find it hard to relate with these descendants of war when all that I can think while they are driving their electric buses down clean fast paced lifeways dotted intermittently with the camouflaged hobo in the perfect San Francisco sun and Western Sea air and beautiful white women with their murdered blonde hair. And I think, you have so much blood on your hands from the bloody money that bought my country and the bloody backs that bore the slavery of blacks. Sunglasses today. ipods tomorrow. Harry Potter and the return of the Cadillac

And I think, even though it's painful and even though it's true, I've just got to say it to you. Because you act like it's not happening. And because of your not acting on its change. And what am I doing? I'm collecting. (Did you know that all machines that take coins in this here city accept peso coins as quarters? Which with the "current exchange rate" at 56:1, the "Change exchange Rate" is 14:1. 'La lang. That's probably how most millionaires from the Philippines make their money. They come to the states with a shitload of pisos and use them to buy all the cans of soda and ride all the buses and trains that they can. It's genius. Can you imagine back to the time that the "public exchange rate" was 2:1? Then we could have used our pisos back then and our currency would have actually been stronger. But only in vending machines, Bart stations, and Muni buses.)

But seriously, there are good things in this world thanks to the 'cans. Like the internet. And um... hmmm.... anyway, the internet {BBC podcast: http://audio.theworld.org/wma/2005/07293.wma} If there is a tool that breaks down barriers, blurs if not erases borders, and raises the questions of an international governing body/bodies, it's the net. It's really ushered in a big way a level of connectedness that G7/G8, or the UN or the WB or the OC in the WC could never do. Kablam. Toto, I don't think we're in the eighties anymore.

Ah, the USofA. Snake oil salesman who went home with the Rotisserie--As Seen On TV! "You live by the packaging; you die by the packaging." That should be on the lips of every environmentalist in the world. There's no doubt. This is a throwaway plastic society. Recyclable and with a V8 engine... I swear, look at your life. Doesn't matter where you are. In my life, at least, the scariest toys in the world say MADE IN THE USA. Bein a good little Indian.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Online classes suck!

Anonymous said...

Meh. I received a C for mine, and was upset about it for ages. Then I remembered a song by Sting with the lyrics "History will teach us nothing."

Anonymous said...

ps. oh, and also had the nerve or equally big mouth to claim that 'British History is irrelevant' during my university interview at Cambridge... galing talaga.