Saturday, August 13, 2005

I Ride The Bus At Night


Not a deadhensons follow up, but certainly a title that would unsurprisingly wind up on an LP with a purple monster mouth open.

But I went downtown last night to meet an old friend, Gurr, to recap the last year's events. Looking out the window, under the slightest of intoxication, secretly watching my co-riders' reflection, I saw the people walking on the street, thinking, they looked a lot different from the people I saw everyday on the same bus, on the same street, in the daylight.

I came upon a single, self-telling conclusion.

This is when the freaks like me come out. The suits are gone and all that's left are the straight jackets.

Photo courtesy: www.johnlubotsky.com/ images/bus_by_night.jpg

4 comments:

Carlos G said...

Poll: Would you rather be a straight man in a gay jacket or a gay man in a straight jacket?

maldita said...

nice last line. ;)

maldita said...

i miss the BART! waaaah...

Anonymous said...

Bus #15 stop: Bay and Powell