Sunday, July 31, 2005

When Twelve Fools is Better than One

1. Love Fool - the Cardigans
2. A Fool For You (Live) - Ray Charles
3. I'm A Fool to Do Your Dirty Work - Steely Dan
4. Kissing A Fool - George Michael
5. What A Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers
6. Lemon Tree - Fool's Garden
7. Chain Of Fools - The Commitments
8. Why Do Fools Fall In Love - Frankie Lymon and The Teenagers
9. Fool To Think - Dave Matthews
10. Victim of A Foolish Heart - Joss Stone
11. Fortunate Fool - Jack Johnson
12. The Fool On The Hill - The Beatles
13. At Last - Etta James (No Fool)

I'm glad DMB made the list and well done. I'm not the biggest fan of late, though his lyrics and breaks and turns did make some great moments awesome. This is a good song out of some failures in DMB's latest.

I'm a huge Sting fan, and I was determined to find lyrics of his including his Police days, but I guess he doesn't fancy himself a fool.

#s 3 and 5 are favorites, as well as the two songs that started the compilation, actually.

At Last, I dedicate to Jenn, who pointed me to that part of the universe that bulges and conspires generosity and abundance.

3 comments:

Carlos G said...

"Be still, my beating heart,
I've been taken for a fool"

-Sting, Nothing Like The Sun...

Anonymous said...

twelve fools ARE better than one

Carlos G said...

Actually, I meant it as a cohesive group, as in, a unit. E.g. a dozen. But if you insist.